SQL2016

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM
Hi

Any ETA on a SQL2016 version, or how to get the SQL2014 version working on SQL2016? We need this urgently and are just getting a "The connection either timed out or was lost." error on the 2014 version installed in SQL2016.

Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2016 at 10:17 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I just added the 2016 version: OLAPExtensions_SQL2016
Marked as answer by Brian_Welch on 7/14/2016 at 2:17 PM
Jul 15, 2016 at 8:10 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately we are getting an error:

The connection either timed out or was lost.
Msg 6522, Level 16, State 1, Procedure ExecuteOLAP, Line 0 [Batch Start Line 0]
A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "ExecuteOLAP":
System.Exception: The connection either timed out or was lost.
System.Exception:
at OLAPExtensions.StoredProcedures.ExecuteOLAP(SqlString server, SqlString database, String MDX)

Any ideas what would be causing this as I am at a loss.
Thanks
Michael
Jul 15, 2016 at 11:34 AM
Hi

It was a Kerberos issue, which I have now managed to resolve.

Many thanks for your product, it has really helped us.
Michael
Jul 20, 2016 at 4:19 PM
ManxShred wrote:
Hi

It was a Kerberos issue, which I have now managed to resolve.

Many thanks for your product, it has really helped us.
Michael
Hi Michael,

Would you mind sharing how you managed to solve the "connection either timed out or was lost" issue? You mentioned that it was something to do with Kerberos. I'm having a similar issue and having a hard time figuring it out.

Thanks.
Neil.
Jul 21, 2016 at 11:11 AM
Hi

Our SQL is installed on a failover cluster, on the same service account as the AS service, which is on a Hyper-V server. The service account had all the SPN's required, but we found we had to set "Allow Dellegation" in AD on the base servers of the cluster. This makes sense as you authenticate to the SQL server, when you go to the OLAP extensions through CLR, it will need to hop through the base server in the cluster as that is where the CLR/DLL is, which will then authenticate to the cube server.

Hope this helps.
Michael
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2016 at 5:18 PM
I've found that very few SQL DBA's/Dev's understand how to make the double hop work. Congrats on your accomplishment!